Religious Exploration Programming during Covid
Covid has upended all our lives in meaningful ways and this includes our children and youth programing at church. We are following CDC guidelines as well as those from our national organization to make ongoing decisions regarding the gatherings and safety of our children and families.
At this point (fall 2021) all children and family programming will take place outdoors with masks for all participants. Offerings are ever changing and include hikes, gatherings at public parks, home meal deliveries and socially disanced picnics. Please email our Director of Family Ministries to get more information, email@example.com.
What We Offer Through the Lifespan
We provide children, youth, young adults, and adults an opportunity to explore, reflect, and learn in a nurturing spiritual community. Unitarian Universalist religious education programs offer all ages, inspiring:
- Ethical growth – internalizing enduring values like justice, equity, and compassion, and gaining tools to act on them in everyday life.
- Social growth – connecting with peers and people of all ages on a deeper level. Finding acceptance among people who see beyond the superficial.
- Spiritual growth – feeling a connection with the sacred within, among, and beyond us.
Supporting Children and Youth’s Spiritual Growth
Choosing your child’s religious education program is an important decision, just as important as choosing your own religious home. If you are searching for an open and affirming community in which your child can grow in spirit and in love, you have found the right place! This is not your typical Sunday School.
Our program our goal is to offer…
• A safe place for children and youth to wonder, ask questions, and discover their own
unique spiritual nature.
• A focus on personal spiritual growth, open faith exploration and living values in the
• A diverse and multi-age community – truly a village to support your family.
• Meaningful, age-appropriate worship for children and youth.
• Exploration of themes such as Unitarian Universalist identity, world religions, Jewish
and Christian heritage and social justice.
• Special events that serve to bring our all-ages community together and enhance the
experience of every child, youth and adult.
To sign up for our weekly email newsletter outlining our current plans and upcoming events for children and families go here.
Children and Youth Religious Exploration Classes Logistics
Children ages prek-5th grade attend the first part of our 10:00 am service with their families and begin classes in the Yellow House after the Time for All Age portion of the service. Classes run until 11:30. Middle School and High School Youth are encouraged to attend service and meet 12-2 in for their classes. Nursery care for children aged birth – 4 years old is available from 9:45-11:30 each Sunday.
To learn more about children’s religious education, please email our Director of Family Ministries, Ginger Allen, with specific questions or concerns you may have.
To register your child or youth for programing please go to our RE Registration Page. All information is kept confidential.