Small Group Ministry
Small Group Ministry deepens and broadens personal and spiritual growth for UUCP members and friends.
Responsibilities and Scope
Small Groups strive to:
- Listen and be listened to in a safe place
- Learn about the mysteries of our world and our spiritual paths
- Build new and deeper personal connections
- Serve our community and the needs of one another
Each small group has 1-2 facilitators who link the group to the Small Group Ministry committee.
This committee meets the fourth Sunday of the month after services to discuss group issues and engage in the curriculum for the next month.
The Minister creates the session plans each month.
The Minister and chair
- recruit new members
- establish new groups
- train facilitators
- maintain a list of small group members and their facilitators
- forward Soul Matters packets and session plans to facilitators
- assist facilitators as needed
General Committee Expectations
It is the expectation of the UUCP congregation and Board of Directors that all committees will transparently conduct their business within the letter and spirit of the UUCP vision, mission, and bylaws. Committees are required to do the following:
- Once per year, provide a short written report to the Board summarizing the committee’s activities during the previous year and plans for the year ahead. This report can be included as part of a budget request but is required whether a committee requests funding from the Board or not. This report must include the name and contact information of the Committee’s current chair.
- Stay within their allotted budget (if applicable).
- Retain meeting minutes or some other record of committee decisions and activities.
- Notify the Board whenever the committee chair changes.