The Aesthetics Committee oversees the appearance of the church interior in order to present a well-designed, pleasant atmosphere to our congregation and guests. It works with the Buildings and Grounds Committee to see that regular maintenance needs are taken care of in a timely manner.
Responsibilities and Scope
- Oversee the purchase of furniture, carpeting, and other major items to be sure that the overall appearance of the interior is consistent and inviting.
- Regularly inspect all aspects of the interior of the church for maintenance needs and arrange for maintenance and repairs to be done.
- Manage the Gallery Wall in the Fellowship Hall, recruiting artists to display their work and providing a reception for the artists during the social hour after the Sunday Service.
- A member of the Aesthetics Committee shall serve on the Building Committee for all Capital Campaigns.
General Committee Expectations
It is the expectation of the UUCP congregation and Board of Directors that all committees will transparently conduct their business within the letter and spirit of the UUCP vision, mission, and bylaws. Committees are required to do the following:
- Once per year, provide a short written report to the Board summarizing the committee’s activities during the previous year and plans for the year ahead. (This report can be included as part of a budget request but is required whether a committee requests funding from the Board or not.) This report must include the name and contact information of the Committee’s current chair.
- Stay within their allotted budget (if applicable).
- Retain meeting minutes or some other record of committee decisions and activities.
- Notify the Board whenever the committee chair changes.